Thursday, October 23, 2008

Help!

everyone wants to know what sprout wants for christmas. first of all sprout doesn't know he is supposed to want anything and second we have TONS of toys in our house already. and they aren't just "girl" toys- we have trucks and cars too. i have no idea what to get him myself, what am i to tell other people?
do you know of any great thing that a little one sprouts age (he will be 9 months old on christmas day) would just love? com'on help a mommy out! ;)

7 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm at a loss here. We are trying to figure out the same for Matty! Adam is so easy to shop for; he is constantly saying "I want this!"

Does he need bath toys? Does he need special blocks (just for him)? play tools? Ride on toys or walking aids?

Christina said...

Books - there's no such thing as too many books! How about people contributing towards a big item - a swing set or play house. Laminated photos to make a little album of the pepole he loves. My Grandma used to give us a savings bond every year, and while I couldn't care less about it back then I do appreciate it now!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm with Christina. I love books...and kids do too!

My brother did savings bonds for the girls for a few years and my brother-in-law did contributions to their college fund. Not very exciting right now...but when they want to buy their first car (like Jamie did with his!) or go to school...they will certainly love it!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of books...and you could take it one step further and make a book (words and all) using laminated family pictures....make sure they are laminated well and they will survive everything from the bathtub to the bed...

Now if you want to get him something he'll enjoy....give him a big box...experience has taught me that pets and children just LOVE boxes...

Rebekah said...

Do you have a Little People nativity set yet? I'm hoping we can get one for Steven even though he's too young to understand it all. He'll at least get to "taste test" it out :)

Arizaphale said...

I remember this dilemma. I bought one thing for the BA for her first Christmas. I think it was something you stuck on her high chair for distraction during slow mealtimes. Everyone else got her books, clothes, a money bank and I think Grandma got her a new dressing gown. She was about 7 months that Christmas and was, like Sprout, up and at 'em! Gotta love first Christmases.

Kimberly said...

Ooh, I'm gleaning good ideas from this post. :) How about a "Sprout" toybox? (All of Raya's things get tossed in with Bryce's, so I've been thinking it might be nice for her to have her own "space".)