Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Our New Friend

while cleaning up our yard (hurricanes are NOT supposed to be in the mid west- i'm looking at you ike!!) we found ourselves a new friend...

an ever so friendly praying mantis!

bean found him to be interesting.
(thank goodness because she has a tendency to freak out about bugs!)
she found him... engaging?
really, i have no idea what is going on in this picture! ;)
i found him friendly.
well, unless he is a she. i've heard what those ladies do to their mates! eeek!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

You guys always have those Mantises (hmm is that the right way to pluralize that?) in your yard, don't you?

How fun! :) I am glad you got to touch this one. Ours usually fly away, when we see them.

Unknown said...

I love how Bean squats right down there to check it out! She and Addie are two peas in a pod!

J. picked one up this weekend and it didn't want to get off of his hand, it was kind of a friendly one, I guess!

Christina said...

that "ready to pounce" picture is toooo funny! I'll have to post N's reaction to the little critter we found...

Anonymous said...

Look at her so gentle! Zane wants to smash them! I guess that's the difference between boys and girls!