Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Crafty Bean

bean has been in quite the crafty mood lately. we craft at home and craft time is her favorite part of school too. any excuse to get out the paints or scissors or glue out is welcomed by her. i already shared my favorite craft by her here. but i thought i'd show off a few more that i thought turned out really cool.

squirrel in a tree.
this was a picture of a squirrel i printed out and had her color. i then cut it out and we glued it and some items found during a backyard nature walk to a construction paper "tree". turned out a lot better than i thought it would.


apple stampin'
we cut two apples in half (one in each direction) and i gave her three paper plates with different colors of paint. then we dipped apples in the paint and pressed them onto the paper. i had to help her a little because the apples got all painty and slippery and she had a hard time picking them up once she put them down. she really enjoyed this one! (of course she did, paints are messy and therefore her favorite of all crafting supplies.)

and the craft she did at school today... she LOVED it and it kinda blew her mind. really! get this, they finger painted..... with PUDDING. they combined two of her favorite things into one. she got to lick her fingers when she was done. she was SO excited that she actually told me about it when i picked her up! (she usually tells me she can't remember what she did at school when i pick her up) so, hooray for crafts!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a clever little Legume!

She sure shows talent!

Unknown said...

Bean definitely wins the crafty award this week - that squirrel in the tree is genius! Addie just apple stamped today, too! LOVED it. :-)

Thanks for getting something crafty up today!! I'm glad someone did.

Well done, Mama!

Kimberly said...

I like your tree idea. I may have to try that with Bryce. Though I'm sure he'd find pudding finger painting much more to his taste.

Arizaphale said...

I remember finger painting with pudding! I also remember the water tray filled with cold spaghetti or uncooked rice. Texture is a fantastic thing to explore.
I just had a though about the apple stamping....you could use those corn holders, you know the ones you stick in the end of the cob to help you hold and eat it? You could use one of those to pick up and re-use the apple......sorry...I'm such an interferer :-)