Friday, January 25, 2008

Things that bug me...

one: every time i say something is different about this pregnancy i hear, "oh, maybe you are having a boy this time!!!" or some variation on the theme. no, nothing i've experienced has any barring on whether or not i will have a boy. just because i'm more tired this time does not mean i'm having a boy, it means i have a toddler to take care of. just because i crave sugar this time doesn't mean i'll have a boy. i just want different food this time. period.

two: comments on how big i am, about how much i'm eating, about how bad i look, about how i should be exercising more, about how i'm going to have SO much trouble getting the weight off because i'm getting older, etc, etc, etc. sorry, i eat because i'm hungry. i also eat because you are stressing me out. i've always been a stress eater. when you bug me about my weight it drives me to eat more. so stop it please. all it does is make me feel bad about myself.

three: no, we don't have any names picked out. my husband and i have totally different tastes in names and have hit a complete roadblock on this subject. besides, if we had names picked out we wouldn't tell you. people can make some pretty rude comments if they don't like a name. we don't want to hear them. we will tell you the child's name when he/she is born.

four: when i talk about being tired and needing a break the first thing out of people's mouth is that they will take bean off my hands for a while. that isn't helping. see, that leaves me completely alone. i have nothing to do but stare at the wall in this instance. that just leaves me in a lonely and depressed state. it makes it harder to deal with the bean when she comes back. bean has a father that is perfectly capable of caring for her. what i need someone to want to do something with me sans kids. i need to be with other adults. i need to have grown up conversation.

ok, let's just leave it at that. if i keep going i might not be able to stop! i sound like an ungrateful whiner. sorry. something about pregnancy hormones.... ;) but thanks for letting me get it off my chest.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

hmm I love you :) That's all I have to say... in fear of wrath from the hormones. :)

Rose said...

Maybe you're having a boy.

Rose said...

Just kidding!

But I can't believe that people are telling you that you look "bad"! What's up with that!

LET ME AT THEM!!!

AGH! THE STUPIDITY.

There's love for you.

Anonymous said...

We love you and Kyle and I think that you are beautiful! Kyle says " One Hot Mama"...Sounds like we needs some Asian Star....mmmmm! I'll e-mail you and we can go out for dinner just us! I challenge you to see how many crab rangoons we can eat!

Anonymous said...

I just hate how other people think they have any say in your pregnancy. All i hope you have is a healthy bouncy baby

Christina said...

I've been meaning to tell you...
I bet you're having a boy!
And what names have you chosen?

Sorry, sorry. Just kidding. But I couldn't resist.

Anyway, YES I remember the annoyance of all those comments. at least you're almost done!!

Arizaphale said...

TOTALLY understand. Let it out!
Come around for dinner.....