Monday, January 07, 2008

Weird Weather


it is january. it is supposed to be cold and possibly snowy. why then was it in the 50's yesterday and in the mid 60's today?!?! i know a lot of you think i shouldn't complain but i don't like it when the weather is all freaky. because a) it does a number on my sinuses and b) it confuses my child big time! every time we go to leave the house she thinks she needs her winter coat and snow boots- and she will in a few days but by then she will think she doesn't anymore! arrrrrg!

anyways, here is a cute shot of bean taking her babies for a walk sunday afternoon. she enjoyed the walk but was tired by the time we got home. seems she is getting a little out of shape being cooped up indoors this winter! ha ha ha!!
today we went to the zoo. we took a picnic lunch- in JANUARY. that still is throwing me for a loop! the thing that really disturbed me today was that while at the zoo, a bee landed on bean's stroller! a bee! in january! then we were on the front porch playing before dinner and an ant crawled on my hand. in january! it has only been warm for two days. the insect population shouldn't be that confused already, should it??? i find that creepy and disturbing..... i don't know why, i just do.

anyways, one more day of 60's temps then we head back down again. upper 40's on wednesday and all the way back into the 30's by saturday. sounds like a recipe for a good solid head cold to me. sigh.
note to mother nature: pick a temperature and stick with it! thanks. ;)

5 comments:

Brittany said...

ha ha ha! I hear ya! I had the WINDOWS open today!!! The windows! I couldn't help it though- I felt like I needed to feel the wonderful spring-like breeze. I also had short sleeves on the kids- and I wore capris- as you said, IN JANUARY!
We didn't leave the house today. I know I should have taken them out, since it was warm, but we didn't make it. Plus, with the potty training, I feel like when we leave the house he gets too confused and doesn't potty like he should. Oh well. I think we will leave the house tomorrow.

Christina said...

In January!! Haha! We're having the same thing here. Except our normal winter temps are 40 and 50s, so we're in the 70s and 80s! Bizarre!

Rose said...

Welcome to our life! (So Cal) I love Bean's big I-can't-put-my-arms-down coat! It looks so cozy!

Unrelated-
Ovenmit??
ROTFL!

Unknown said...

Soak it up because one thing we know about the weather...if you don't like it, give it 12 hours, it'll change!

And, ok...Bean looks so, so OLD in that photo! She is taking this upcoming big sister gig seriously!

Kimberly said...

It IS freaky weather. Last week we had temps in the teens, snow on the ground and we were FREEZING. This week the temp went up to 65. Warm enough for Bryce to run around outside in his shirtsleeves. Very odd. And yeah, it's working on my sinuses too. I miss the "good old days" of clear cut seasons when you knew November through March meant cold and snow, period!