Sprout looks good!
we had our ultrasound today. sprout was very cooperative when it came to letting us see his/her face. turned and looked right at us. you could clearly see both eyes, nose and mouth! the doctor claims that sprout is a "very cute baby"! we also got a good look at sprout's heart, stomach, legs, and one hand. sprout is head down.... he/she better stay that way!! oh, and baby kept "itself" hidden so it's gender is still a surprise to everyone, including the doctor. :)
now, the sprout was not as cooperative for the doctor. wouldn't let her get a good head measurement. sprout kept turning his/her head at weird angles.... hmmm, bean did the same thing. so where the leg bones and stomach were measuring between 31-33 weeks, it's head was measuring over 35 weeks! doctor said not to be alarmed, the head isn't really that big, she just could not measure it right. when you add up those measurements it says that sprout weighs around 4 pounds 11 ounces, uhhhhhh...... once again the doctor assured me that that is probably totally wrong. (it better be!!!) but she said that if there were any concerns about the baby's size she would do another ultrasound in a month or so just to check.
doctor said all the pressure i've been feeling is probably due to how low the baby is and how much it seems to be moving. since i haven't felt anything resembling a contraction there is no reason to worry about any of that.
my uterus was measuring just a little bigger than what the dates suggest- but just a bit. sprout's heart rate was still zipping along in the mid 150's.
my glucose test came back normal but i'm anemic, big surprise! so it is a return to the iron supplement for me.
over all everything looked just fantastic according to the doctor. i'm told to keep up the good work.
next appointment is in 2 weeks....
7 comments:
wow are you really to every two weeks already???? WOW! :)
Yay sprout! :) I can't wait to meet him or her!
glad everything is going well!
You're just zipping thruough this pregnancy. (sorry, I know it probably doesn't feel like it on your end). I was wondering if you were keeping the gender a secret! I'm glad all looks well, and any excuse for an extra u/s is good. I kept hoping I would be anemic, so there'd be a reason I was so dang tired and hopefully the iron would help...but nope, my numbers were always perfect
You are growing that baby well!!!! How exciting. I remember seeing the BA's face on the ultra sound. It was funny cos when she was born I felt like I knew her cos I'd already seen her....
Um is 4 pounds 11 big or small for your dates? I can't remember.
at 32 weeks they say baby should be about 4 pounds... so 4 pounds 11 ounces is a little big! ;)
Glad it went well, most be so annoying not finding the gender.
U/S can be completly wrong so i would't worry to .
We were told to expect a big baby first time around and she was 6lbs 13oz.
With Eilidh told she would be smaller and she was 8lbs 10oz - and i would much prefer giving birth to the 8lbs than the 6lb again.
I'm so glad everything went so well and that the baby looks so good. It's always reassuring to hear that from the doctor, I know! :)
Post a Comment