Monday, November 26, 2007

Best Shot Monday


happy monday all! here are my best shots for the week!

we have a new tradition in my family. the granddaughters get to help decorate nana's christmas tree the day after thanksgiving! how fun! here is a shot of all three of them (4 years old, almost 2.5 years old and almost 2 years old) working hard to hang the ornaments. the 4 year old can actually hang the ornaments pretty well and was placing them in more than one spot on the tree. the 2 year olds.... well, lets just say that they had fun running from the box of ornaments to the tree and back. this is what the tree looked like when they were done:

there was quite a pile of ornaments in the middle of this tree! and another impressive one under the tree, you know where all the ornaments went when they crashed through the branches and landed on the floor. ;) we spent a little time that evening "adjusting" their work but it was worth it because they had such a good time.

i'm kinda disappointed in myself. we were at two thanksgiving dinners and a family reunion this weekend and i took almost zero pictures! what is up with that!!
i'm sure other people took plenty of pictures though, so head over to picture this and check out all the "best shots"!

11 comments:

Brittany said...

aww what a fun tradition! :)
Hope you had a wonderful weekend!!

Maya said...

That's a great tradition. And what wonderful decorators they are!

Anonymous said...

I love this!! -- the colors are so beautiful-- and the lights just light up their faces.

Christina said...

what a beautiful tradition! I love the glow of the ligths and stairsteps of little girls heads. And I think their method of decorating is quite charming!

Stacy said...

What a great tradition...looks like they had a good time decorating the tree. :)

Rose said...

What great pictures! I only HOPE I can get some good ones like that this year while decorating.

Phyllis Sommer said...

how cute and a great way to start a family tradition...

Maggie said...

What a fun tradition! We can't wait to decorate the tree!

Anonymous said...

I love the tree...I've seen a tree decorated just like that many times.

Don't feel bad. I took like 4 photos of Thanksgiving and they were of the boys playing basketball. :)

Be Inspired Always said...

Such a lovely tradition. They look like they did a beautiful job.



Jillian

Kimberly said...

I agree, wonderful tradition. :) I was one of those slackers who didn't take many Thanksgiving pictures either.