yes, the theme this thursday was giddy.... however, i am anything but. i don't feel like searching for a picture of the bean. i don't feel like doing anything. it is one of those kind of days. it sucks.
my daughter has been entirely too sassy today. i actually believe i was getting "back talk" from a two year old! since my fuse is about as short as it could possibly be, i'm sure you know what my response was, right? if you guessed "total over-reaction" then you are correct! raised voice? check! exasperated sighs? check! angry sarcasm? double check! mommy was actually on the verge of a tantrum herself. daddy couldn't get home soon enough.
now, she is supposed to be playing with daddy. but there is a problem- she wants me and won't stop screaming. poor daddy just wants to play. i just want a break. neither of us is enjoying this AT ALL! she could be enjoying this time but is apparently determined to ruin it for everyone. sigh.
sometimes i wonder how i'm going to survive the next 19 weeks. of course, once baby sprout gets here it is going to open a whole different can of worms...... yeah, i didn't tell you that she looked at me yesterday and said "i might cry when you hold the baby." and i said "why?" and she said "cause then you can't hold me." oh yeah, she said that.
3 comments:
Oh dear.
I love you, if that helps!!! I won't cry when you hold sprout!
Hugs! I can relate SO very much! We are going through a challenging similar period with Nadia. Today has been pretty good, but the last couple weeks in general...oh my, the attitude and defiance and fits! It is so frustrating, I've almost broken down in tears a few times and I've yelled back at her more times than I care to admit. And like Bean, she only wants Mommy not Daddy...and yet she's ugly to me while clinging to me! hang in there, we'll BOTH get through this!
Yes you will. It doesn't last for ever believe me. Oh and if it's any comfort, at least it wasn't your husband saying you wouldn't be able to hold HIM. That's what I had from my first husband!!!
Post a Comment