Friday, November 09, 2007

Why?!?!?

why didn't anyone tell me the "whys" started so soon?!? the past week i have been asked "why" about eleventy bajillion times. (i really don't believe that this is an exaggeration either) for a sample of my new life, enjoy one of this mornings converations...

bean: mommy what you doing?
me: making orange juice.
bean: why you make it?
me: because i'm thirsty for some orange juice.
bean: why?
me: because i really like orange juice.
bean: mommy, why you like it?
me: it tastes good, it is mommy's favorite juice.
bean: whys it your favorite?
me: i don't know baby, i just like the way it tastes.

it can go on for ever if you don't figure out a way to change the subject. really, she will ask "why" about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING until you can't think of anyway to answer her. it is starting to stress us out a little. i mean hearing "why" over and over again just grates at your nerves!

if you need me, i'll be in the bathroom practicing deep breathing relaxation techniques.... until of course she comes in and asks "WHY".

2 comments:

Brittany said...

hmm why does she do that? (please don't hurt me!)

Adam likes to ask "What doin?" then he'll wait and say it over and over and over... and over.... Until I tell him I'm doing "nothing," and that for some reason shuts him up. weird kids.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Christina said...

LOL, I was going to ask the same thing as Brittany!

The age of whys...oh, that's so much fun! I know it's coming for us, too. My niece is doing that now, and it can go on and on and on. I like to do the same thing right back at her, and ask "why?" to everything she says!