Monday, December 17, 2007

Best Shot Monday


we decorated gingerbread cookies on friday. this seems like it would be a fun project to do with your toddler, and it is... if you don't mind being with someone who doesn't listen to anything you say!
please don't lick the knife!, don't use the knife like a screwdriver! (seriously, i actually said that), that is too many sprinkles!, don't let the dog lick your fingers!, etc, etc, etc.

but, she had a fantastic time. she was very happy when at last i said, "yes, you can eat that one." so, here are my best shots this week- bean eating a gingerbread man. the facial expression in the first one just kills me! she is such a turkey!!


also, i have another beanism for you. don't worry, it is a good one! here it is:

we are sitting at the dinner table. i ask bean if she is going to let daddy read her bed time stories tonight. she says, "no" (as always). i say "but daddy really likes to read to you. it makes him a little sad when you won't let him do it" and her response...
she looks up, gives a slight nod and says, "yeah, and that's the problem."
bwah, ha ha ha ha!!!

please don't forget to visit tracey at picture this for more lovely shots!!

15 comments:

SusieJ said...

She is adorable. You did well on the cookies. Mine aren't so cute.
SusieJ

Brittany said...

aw they look great! :)

We can't wait to come over tomorrow and play! WE miss you!!

Maya said...

Who wouldn't want to do all those things while making cookies? :)

Melissa D said...

I love the lighting in your second shot...just beautiful!

Stacy said...

What a cutie...that expression on teh first one is adorable. :) I don't think I have the patience to do this with my little ones...I give you props for attempting it!

chaoticfamily said...

Very cute.

Unknown said...

Mooooom! When do we get to eat one? Why can't I lick my fingers? Why do we have to give the cookies away?

I think you got just a "taste" of things to come! But it is our favorite part of the holidays.

Blessed Nest said...

love the cookie face...toddler projects..laugh or cry? hehe

Maggie said...

What fun! We had the same decorating trauma here...but you sure had great results, so I am sure it was worth it!

Christina said...

LOL, I often marvel at the things that come out of my mouth as a mom. I never expected to say those crazy things!!
But it looks like a grand time, knife licking and all. :o)
I do love her expression in the first one!

Dawn said...

so sweet! merry Christmas!!

Arizaphale said...

How hilarious, 'yeah and that's the problem'!!!!!! I've said it before but I'll say it again, she is a very smart and very perceptive little soul your Bean.
I wonder if 12 year olds are too old to decorate cookies. How do you make the frosting? (I am so not a cook)

Phyllis Sommer said...

great pics! she looks awfully happy with her cookies!:-)

Rose said...

Great pictures. We have yet to make and decorate cookies. But I WILL, oh yes, I will - make cookies this year!

Kimberly said...

ROFL! That's too cute!