Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Trying to be Crafty Tuesday

so, i had this fabric. it was given to me. i didn't know what to do with it. so i thought, "i'll make a dress for bean's baby doll for christmas." then i thought, "what the heck, i'll make two dresses!" and i went to the store and bought some more fabric.

of course i have no idea how to make a doll dress but i figured if i could make a flamingo costume i could make a baby doll dress. well..............

i can kind of make a baby doll dress. it fits the doll and looks ok in the picture BUT if you saw it in real life and actually know how to sew you would probably say "for the love of pete woman, buy a pattern already! and it wouldn't kill you to learn to sew a straight line either!!" ;) but i figure since she's three she won't care about that kind of stuff, right?

here is dress #1- finished except for the velcro to hold it shut in the back.


here is dress #2- cut out but not sewn.


why unfinished?? well, i got side tracked by a bean request. she wanted me to make her a cat. where she got this idea i don't know but she was pretty insistent. and she assured me that i could in fact make her a cat. and so i tried....

why are there two?? well after i got the fabric cut on the first one bean got very excited and asked for me to make her friend one too. (i hope this friend appreciates odd, poorly made stuffed friends!) and since i had images of knuffle bunny too dancing in my head, they are slightly different so we moms can tell them apart fairly easily.

so there is my crafty for this week. maybe i'll practice a little and learn to follow a pattern next time. who knows?! ha ha!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Look at you LADY!!! You ARE crafty!! Way to go mama! ;)

Unknown said...

wowwee, wow, WOW! I LOVE the cat...seriously, that looks like a craft I can totally get into. I had better not show Ad, though...or I will be making a few in the midst of everything else!

those dresses are great, and also saved you $20 or so, you know!

great work!!

Kimberly said...

Holy cow woman! You're turning into Martha Stewart before my very eyes. LOL! Seriously, I'm impressed. :)

Christina said...

Good gosh woman, you do all this and then you have the nerve to say it's only SORTA crafty! Darn you for leaving me in the not-so-crafty dust. Seriously, the doll clothes and the cats are adorable!

Maggie said...

You do great work! I am totally impressed. And I think it's funny that your craftiness is displayed on a poker table :)

Arizaphale said...

Yup I spotted the poker table too :-D
Now why would you want to follow a pattern? Why fetter yourself with someone else's ideas. Those cats are exceptional! Me? I am totally derivative. I've never produced an original idea in my life.
(Reading this made me realise I had something to post for crafty Tuesday this week....but I forgot to take a picture.)
You are the new crafting queen.