;)
so, this is a super hectic time of year 'round our house. probably at yours too, huh? well, i managed to get a few pictures taken and find a couple minutes to actually get them on the computer. whoa!
we decorated the tree this past week. bean LOVES decorating the tree. LOVES IT. she asks every day if we can do it again. she doesn't understand why i'm not up for this. hmmm.
here is bean checking out one of our ornaments. one of the one's i get to hang.
(ya see, i don't want a repeat of last year's snow globe smashing. broken snow globe is NOT fun to clean up. NOT fun.)
(ya see, i don't want a repeat of last year's snow globe smashing. broken snow globe is NOT fun to clean up. NOT fun.)
bean was very amused when she found the box with the pickle in it. she thought it was funny that we would put a pickle on our tree. so i explained the tradition of the pickle. "one person hides the pickle on the tree and everyone else tries to find it. the first one who finds it gets an extra little gift." well bean wanted me to hide that pickle that very second so she could find it and get a little gift.
ummmm...... i wasn't planing on doing this. i thought she was still too little to do the pickle thing. oh well, what the heck! "you have to wait for daddy," i tell her. "you need someone else to look at the same time." she decided that was ok.
here are bean and daddy looking for the pickle.
i can't really pick a best shot. i like all of these because of the warm glowy feeling of the christmas lights i think.
if you would like to see other great shots head on over to tracey's and check out what everyone has been up to!
if you would like to see other great shots head on over to tracey's and check out what everyone has been up to!
12 comments:
What a fantastic memory you are creating for her!
aww how fun! We hid a pickle, too! Thank goodness it wasn't a real pickle; I'd be really upset that I couldn't eat it! :)
So warm and cozy. I feel like I am right there.
I love the pickle thing! Never heard to that before. Such warm , cozy images. And Monday sneaking up on you? ummm, yeah!
What a fun game. Violet just mentioned to me the other day about putting a pickle in the tree. I never heard it before. Where did that idea come from?
I love the soft light of the Christmas lights in these! She is so cute!
Yup, all of them have a warm fuzzy feeling with the Christmas tree. How fun for the kids to find the pickle....I have never heard of that done at Christmas either.
What a cute tradition! I like the warm glowy feelings of Christmas too! : )
I've never heard of the pickle thing before either...but, what a fun tradition!
I love the first one...such warmth and the perfect capture of the holidays!
We have a Christmas Pickle too!
And I love the tree with the lights...so warm and cozy!
No, not heard of pickles either! And we didn't see the pickle :-(
These photos are gorgeous. You're so right about the glowy feel. The first is my fave.
That is the coolest tradition. I've never heard of that before. Love your tree and the warmth of these shots.
Post a Comment