Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Program....

last wednesday was the day of bean's preschool harvest potluck. a day when all the children invite their families to the school for a potluck. there are about 60 or so children in the school. there was 250 people eating lunch that day! so when it came time to sing the adorable turkey song that they had practiced........ well, bean kinda froze.
it was kinda cute in a way. she sort of did the motions to the song and she bowed when she was done (super adorable!!) BUT she had a look of pure terror on her face the whole time. poor thing doesn't like to be surrounded by strangers. we did our best to calm her down and after a while we succeeded. (thank goodness!)

bean said she was thankful for mommy and daddy. i don't think she forgot sprout, she just isn't feeling all that thankful for him some days! ;) ahhh, those sibling rivalries run deep already!

i'm thankful for bean and sprout. i'm thankful for all the time i'm able to have with them. i'm thankful for my husband. i'm thankful for the job he has (because it pays the bills and allows me to stay home with the kids). i'm thankful for bean and sprout's grandparents (they have two awesome sets). i'm thankful for the roof over our heads and the food in our bellies (because there are so many who don't have such luxuries). and i'm thankful for you- all my blogging friends. you lift me up when i'm down and you make me laugh when i really need it. i'm most definitely thankful for that!

so, on this day before we gorge ourselves with fattening foods (mmmmmm, turkey......) what are ya'll thankful for? :)

6 comments:

Brittany said...

AWW! I love her little dress. We miss you guys SO much! :(

I am thankful for so much, too. I am thankful for my family, friends, Andy's job, and SO much more. I am thankful for Bean- she means so much to Adam, and i really hope they stay friends for a long long time. :)

Have a great day, tomorrow!

Christina said...

Oh my goodness, how cute is that?! I wish N's school did a Thanksgiving program. Poor Bean does look a little terrified.

Your list of thankfuls is similar to my own!

(btw, do you know that Sprout's "real" name slipped in there? don't know if you want it kept a secret!)

Anonymous said...

I just love Bean's haircut! As a matter of fact, I am letting mine grow out and will have it done in the "Bean-do" (as I refer to it as)!

I have so much to be grateful for also...thus I am writing about each item (in detail) in several parts on my blog...

One of things I am most grateful for is you, my dear Blueberry...you are like a ray of sunshine in my life...and the object of a future writing!

Unknown said...

Oh she does look so scared! Sweet pea! My list is almost exactly the same as yours! I hope you all have a fantastic love-filled day!

Arizaphale said...

Ditto your list. Poor old Bean getting stage fright. The BA informed me at 3 that she was not going to do the ballet concert because
"I don't like all those eyes looking at me mummy."
I don't know WHOSE daughter she is! I LOVE all those eyes looking at me hahaha.
She seems to have got over it though and I'm sure Bean will too.
Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Kimberly said...

Aww, I think I'd be terrified in front of all those people too!