Monday, November 03, 2008

Best Shot Monday

monday again? already?? how is it that the days go SO slow but the weeks go by SO fast?!?

anyways, today i will share a few of my favorite shots from halloween. we had fun despite the fact that we were all sick.... ok, we all would have had a lot more fun had we been healthy BUT we still had a good time.

daddy took bean out for her first round of trick or treating. i really wish i would have gone with them because daddy said that bean's flamingo costume was a huge hit. everyone was asking where we got it. (one woman was very impressed when she learned i made the costume and told hubby that i should do that for a living- ha, if she only knew it was the first time i'd sewn anything!) sprout and i did go around to a few houses with them later. someone thought that bean was a duck. i was a good mommy and kept my mouth shut. ;)

daddy trying to adjust her head.... er, hat. it was a tad bit big!

after some help from mommy they are off!

bean went up and said "trick or treat!" and usually the people got a thank you as well. on the way back to us she would check her bag carefully to see what she got. they she would shout to us, "i got a kit kat mommy! i love kit kats!" or "daddy! i got m&m's!!", or something else along those lines. thankfully she was excited about everything she got- especially the toothbrush. oh yeah, my kid was nuts for the sparkling pink toothbrush. crazy but true!

here she had just scored a candy bracelet!

and i don't want to leave out sprout! everyone was gushing over his cuteness. of course, most of them thought he was a cat. sigh. i'll let it slide though because while sitting in the stroller they could not see his bat wings. but, i will say that if he was a cat i probably would NOT have given him fangs.... just sayin'. ;)

here's sprout hanging out outside our friend's house
(bean was too busy helping hand out candy to be in a picture! did you know that giving away candy is almost as much fun as getting candy??)

now don't forget to stop over to tracey's and check out what everyone else is sharing this week!

p.s. happy 3rd birthday adam!! :)

11 comments:

Brittany said...

aww what very sweet photos of Halloween! I love the last shot, too! Such a sweetie! :)

Unknown said...

heee...bat or cat - he is ADORABLE! the costumes look great and I LOVE the idea of a toothbrush give-away. my girls would love getting one, too!

Killlashandra said...

I love the flamingo costume. I bet that was a hit, what an original idea and she looks too cute in it. I have to agree that handing out candy is just as much fun as walking around and getting it because you still get to see all the great costumes. :)

Joanna said...

Ya know, I hated it when people couldnt tell Ella was a mouse too! I dont know why it bothered me. It didnt seem to bother her. She just corrected them politely, took their candy and moved on.

They are both so adorable. What a great idea for the toothbrush. It is something that would stick out as different amongst all that candy. I think Ella would have liked it too.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with your sewing!!! I would have stopped to say how impressed I was too!

Unknown said...

Oh I get SO excited about Kit-Kats and M&Ms too! : )

They look darling - glad they had a great time!

Rose said...

Can you believe that when I opened this to comment - several hours ago, I was second below Brittany? Goes to show you the extent of my morning!

Oh, back to the task at hand. Love the pictures, how fun that she went trick-or-treating. There is always next year for Harrison. This year he got the warm up with the Trunk-or-treat!

Christina said...

Of course your flamingo got a lot of attention! It IS awesome and brilliant! And so is the bat/cat. :o) So glad you guys had a good Halloween, despite the sickies.

Kimberly said...

She had one heck of a big candy container too didn't she? :) Love the photo of Sprout. He's the cutest bat ever!

Arizaphale said...

How did I not see this before? I guess I have been crazy busy this week....looks like Halloween was a great success!
A cat???? For goodness sakes...some people. It is perfectly obvious that he is a penguin. With fangs. hahaha

Maggie said...

Please pay no attention to the fact that it is Saturday and I am just getting to BSM this week...

These are great halloween shots! I still can't get over what an amazing job you did on these costumes - they rock!