then you hear the big sister in her bedroom. she isn't with the baby anymore. and you think, "no biggie, i'm almost done. i'm sure he's just fine. after all, what can he get into?"
then you notice that it is really quiet in the living room where the baby is. really quiet. and your mommy alarm goes, "uh oh!"
and you hightail it out of the bathroom to find this:
and you (grab the camera) say, "no-no-no! don't eat dirt buddy!! yucky!"
and you say, "dude! you can't be trying to tell me we don't feed you enough! because i'm pretty sure we do!" in an oh so sarcastic mommy voice.
and that's when you realize he's too little to get sarcasm......
i'd kiss you but dude, you got potting soil all over your face!
just kidding!! i would so still kiss that cute little mug, but he wanted none of that. i took his plant and dirt away and broke his seven month old heart. he thinks i suck right now.
yeah, i'm good like that. i'm just rockin' the good mommy skills! ;)
6 comments:
Hahaha! Sorry to laugh, but I can't even tell you how many times we've had similar disasters here. I am also totally crackin' up at your DUDE!
Just a little extra fiber in his diet, right? Cute photos...
I think this is one of my favorite posts of yours ever... oh my... silly silly sprout!
ROFL! I don't know what's funnier, Sprout with his little mug covered with potting soil, or his funny mommy's accounting of the incident. :)
I swear we are twins. Or we have twin children! Not only was I able to produce a picture of the BA with pants on her head like Bean (remember that?) but I also have a photo of her sitting on the sofa next to an upended pot plant!!! She was slightly older and looked a lot more 'pleased with herself' but, hey!!! Pretty close huh??? What were you thinking? Going to the BATHROOM? Mums do not have time for that! hahahahahahahah!
I had an incident similar to this one. Now we have a maple syrup stain on the stairs. :-)
Post a Comment