well, it has been a little while since i lamented about not really bonding with the sprout. i just though i'd let you know that things are getting better.
he's more awake now so i get to actually interact with him a little bit. that has helped. he says things like "ahh" and "gooooo" and "mmmmmmmm". (and all kinds of weird grunts and gurlgles that i can't spell!) he smiles a lot when i talk back to him. if someone else is holding him and he hears my voice he will turn toward me and smile. i have to admit, that feels good. he is a very sweet boy and seems to love his mama quite a bit. (poor daddy, both kids favor me.... right now.)
i've come to terms with my unrealistic expectations. i think somewhere inside i thought that this baby would be just like my first, a carbon copy if you will. i know that is ridiculous, you don't have to tell me. i just loved bean so much i wanted another one just like her! when sprout started out a boy, well that kinda threw me for a loop! don't worry, i've completely gotten over that and i'm actually glad sprout is different.... turn's out he's a much easier baby! bonus!
so, yeah, the bonding has started. (if i had more time with him i'm sure we'd be further along BUT i don't think bean is going to go for that!) it wasn't the instantaneous "i'm so in love" that i was expecting, but more of a slow and gradual warming. and that isn't such a bad thing. :)
5 comments:
Give it time....give it time....the differences in him are what will make you love him so much it will take your breath away....and will make your relationship with him so special because it will be different than the one you have with Legume(Bean LOL)...I'll bet on that!
Oh my word. Look at how BIG he is!!! I feel like it's been months- even though it's only been a couple of weeks. He's beautiful! :)
I am SO glad to hear things are better. And it is SO great to know they love you- isn't it?
I was wondering how you were doing.Great to hear its coming together. How could it not with such a beautiful boy? I often wonder what it would have been like to have another but it was lovely the other day in the pictures when the Small Boy just spontaneously rested his head on my shoulder....
That's wonderful to hear. It really does make a difference now that our babies are becoming interactive doesn't it? :)
I am so glad to hear that you're starting to fall in love with Sprout for Sprout. No relationship is instantaneous, it takes time and getting to know him! I wonder if I'd have the same experience with a second as you've had, expecting him/her to be just like Nadia.
Post a Comment