Friday, July 18, 2008

We came back from Cincinati...

Welcome to Parrot Head Nation!

it is nothing but a sea of grass skirts, hawaiian shirts, bikini clad women, and the occasional shark or parrot. oh and beach balls, parrot heads love to play with beach balls it seems! it is where the beer and margaritas flow like rivers. that picture makes it look like it is all college students but that is untrue- parrot heads come in all ages. there were some as young as about 2 and some others that were easily over 60.

we tailgated a little off from the main group of crazies. but when i went down to use the port-a-pot i saw all kinds of interesting things. my favorite was probably the group that were playing "d-r-i-n-k-o" instead of plinko. they looked like they were having a mighty good time. i forgot to take my camera down there- boo! and my people watching shots came out pretty crappy in the concert so i don't have tons to share. but here is proof that guys dress up in coconut bras.... he did have the sense to put a shirt on with it at least! ;)

it was insanely sunny and insanely hot, but we had a great time. so i took a little video of the encore so that you all could feel like you were there. yeah, it is dark and you can't really see a damned thing BUT you can here the music and that makes it all good. ;)

FINS UP, BABY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WWWWWWWOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the movie....I have watched it 3 times...I have to confess, the last 2 times I had my lighter up....LOLOL!

It sounds like you both had a wonderful time....loooking for your lost shaker of salt!!!!

Woo hoo!!!

Arizaphale said...

Can someone please explain all the shark, parrot and salt shaker references for me??? Pleeease???
Enjoyed the clip though :-D

Christina said...

Oh yeah!!! That is too freakin' fun!

Unknown said...

We need to send arizaphale a JB CD...stat!

I wanna go back...to the islands! (Did he sing Tin Cup Chalice? One of my all-time JB faves!!)

Brittany said...

Wow. You parrot head, you!! ;)

Ok, I don't know how to explain all of this Jimmy Buffet Hoopla... So I can't explain it to our Aussie friend!!! ummmm google Jimmy Buffet Fans. That might help. lol