Monday, May 19, 2008

Mother's Day Gift


so, i got my mother's day present today! (don't give to much credit to the husband. i had to ask for it... then i still had to order it myself!)

it came in this pretty little box wrapped in purple tissue paper. it wasn't just a ring box though. look! there is my new mother's ring packed in dried flowers! it was so pretty and it smelled wonderful too.


the ring is two bands that are intertwined. one band for each of my babies. one with bean's name, one with sprout's name. isn't it great!

and i love what the company (nelle and lizzy) says about the ring:
you will be able to arrange the bands so that all the names show, but as your hands move, the rings will shift positions as the bands are all interconnected. our rings are meant to showcase those you love, but in a subtle way. your will find yourself moving the bands throughout the day and thinking about the people you love.
and it is true! i've been fiddling with it all day and you can't help but think of your babies when you see their names. it is my new favorite piece of jewelry!

*********

and full disclosure here... i don't deserve any gifts that imply that i'm a good mom.....
i put sprout in his bouncy seat and left the room (to deal with bean). i did not buckle him in. (you can see where this is going right?) i heard him start screaming. i ran into the room and found him lying on the hard wood floor. yes, my kid kicked and squirmed himself right out of the seat and on to the floor! fortunately i make babies with durable heads- he has no bumps or bruises. but he did appear to be quite angry about the whole situation. (and i feel like a complete horse's behind.)

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh dear! I am sure Mr. Sprout will be ok, and still love you in the end! :)
Hugs, hugs, hugs!

LOVE the mommy's day gift. I am going to go check those out. What a wonderful idea! :)

Christina said...

Oh! The hubby....errr, I mean YOU!....has great taste! I love the ring, too cool! Now I really want one. that website is getting bookmarked.

My dear, that's only the first of many bumps and bruises your son will encounter! There's no way of avoiding it. Who knew he could squirm his way out of there?! Well, now you know to use the buckles. :o)

Kimberly said...

That is a lovely, lovely piece of jewelry!

I'm so glad Bean is okay. And I'm glad I read your post about it. I've been putting Raya in her swing and not strapping her in, because I just assumed she couldn't wiggle out of it. But if Bean can already maneuver that well, I'm sure she's not far behind! So at least console yourself that you may have saved my kiddo a tumble. :)

Arizaphale said...

Never mind. I let the BA roll off the bed once. The doctor on the 24 Hour Care line that I rang in panick assured me that babies are very 'cartilage rich' zones!!! I think that means they bounce.

Love the rings.

Unknown said...

That ring looks really cool. I want one now.

And I don't care how much slippin' out of the bouncy chair sprout does, you still carried him and gave birth to him and that counts for something right?

You are a good Mommy!