Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

i hope all you mommies out there are having a wonderful mother's day!

mine started out at 2:15 with the bean screaming my name. then again at 3:15ish she was screaming and insisted on coming to my bed. 3:30ish she insisted on going back to her own bed. 3:50ish sprout is hungry and needs to eat. 4:20ish i'm back to sleep, finally.
then, at 7:30 sprout is up. i bring him to our bed (it always puts him back to sleep). 8:00 bean is up. she wants me up. i tell her no. 8:10, bean wants me up! i tell her no. 8:22, bean wants me up to make breakfast. i tell her no. daddy rolls over and tells her to "hug mommy and say happy mother's day." she says, "no. i don't want to. i'm going to ruin her day." lovely! cycle continues until 9:00 when sprout decides it is time to eat.
so i feed sprout. then bean wants pancakes. only pancakes. so i get the recipe out and make pancakes. i cook pancakes while bean and daddy eat them.

oh the life of a mom! ;)

we'll see how the rest of the day goes. hopefully bean doesn't want to "ruin" the whole thing. :)

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL!!!

5 comments:

Arizaphale said...

Hahahhahahah. Firstly we go through this every weekend with Small Boy! Perfectly capable (at 9) of getting his own breakfast he demands bacon and eggs from Dad and of course, eventually, Dad will oblige.
Secondly, I remember my sister saying to me when she had to move to the UK with Mum and Dad at age 11, "Don't worry, I'm going to make them pay for this!!"
Hope your Mother's Day was overall wonderful!!!!!

Maya said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Brittany said...

Sounds a lot like my evening/morning. Adam was WAY to excited and up all night. *I* had to get up and do breakfast and get everyone ready. Oh, the life of a mom!!

(we are on the road, right now. It's rainy...crappy...cold... and Adam, not matt, keeps crying. sigh)

Christina said...

She actually SAID "I'm going to ruin her day"?! Ack!!! Not the best start to mother's day, but I hope you had a special day nontheless!

Kimberly said...

I hope the rest of your Mother's Day went better. Sounds like quite the rough start!