Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Mama's Girl

ok, this sucks. i am going out to dinner with a friend tonight. this is like the first time in over a year i'm going out with someone other than my husband and child. i was really looking forward to it. daddy planned this great evening for the two of them- her favorite restaurant, a trip to the pet store, etc. so, 10 minutes ago she decided that she wasn't cool with this plan. she needed mommy to go with her. according to her, daddy could go eat with mommy's friend and mommy could take her out for pizza. i did everything i could but it was useless. daddy just dragged her from the house bawling. "no, i want mommy!" she was screaming as they left. huge tears pouring down her face.
i feel bad. not that i'm going out without her, i'm still cool with that part of the plan. i just know that daddy's feelings had to be at least a little hurt. i know mine would have been.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Ugh. Been there, done that. It sucks. but I'm glad you're getting your night out!!!

Brittany said...

yay for a night out! :) Good job! We need to do that.... hmm...

Rose said...

I need a night out with the girls!
I'm with Christina, been there, done that. Just tonight G.I.D. was putting Harrison down for me due to bad migraine - H. was all about "No! Mommy bedtime!"

He went to bed with daddy. Thing is, when daddy does bedtime he gets TWICE as many stories and even extra playtime!

Arizaphale said...

I am sure they were fine a little way down the street.