Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Went to the insect fair...


... what did we do there? look at bugs of course! this is bean checking out a hissing cockroach. she was told she could touch it if she wanted too but she just wasn't sure. i touched it to show her it was safe but she still looked a little uneasy. i think she was actually a little more afraid of the man holding the cockroach than of the cockroach itself. i mean look at that face! that is a face of genuine interest, not fear. :)

we also got to see bees and spiders and millipedes, and some other bugs whose names i don't remember. there were also a lot of examples of bugs that weren't alive- like beautiful butterflies from all over. AND we got to make several bug related crafts! fun!
bean enjoyed it for the most part. it was very crowded and she was a little overwhelmed by the amount of people around her. other than that i would say it was a success. hooray for the insect fair! ;)

3 comments:

Arizaphale said...

I've never been to an insect fair although I remember taking the BA to a science fair in Southampton which included some really cool exhibits. BA and her group of friends in the Uk always loved anything to do with museums and the natural world. I think the Bug Fair would have gone down a treat!! Glad Bean enjoyed it. Himself would agree with her about the crowds of people!!

Maya said...

You are so brave! I don't think I could attend a fair like this. I'd be jumping constantly!

Christina said...

wow, you are both so brave! I don't think I could handle that...especially the cockroaches part! Ew! Only butterflies for me, please. :o)