Friday, October 12, 2007

Some things are scary


yesterday at library story time the librarian WASN'T THERE. who was there? well, firefighters, of course!

this sounds fun and exciting right? bean likes firefighters, after all her grandpa is one. BUT when i firefighter is in FULL gear- including his air tank and face mask- he is SCARY. bean was literally crawling into my lap saying "i scared, i scared!" of course i had to try to convince her that it was NOT scary in any way. the last thing we want is for her to be scared of a firefighter that is coming to rescue her from a fire. so once he took off the mask i got her to go up and talk to him. she did ok. here is a shot of her waving to me while she was talking to him.

and on the costume front- bean is going to be a pumpkin after all. we took her to the costume shop last night and got her a cute pumpkin outfit. she was all about it last night... today not so much. we are currently trying to get her to put it on so we can take pictures. she is 2, she has other plans. two year olds are like that. that is the problem, one day she can't wait to trick or treat, the next she wants no part of it. so, we have to be prepared with a costume in case she wants to. if she ends up not wanting to... sprout can wear this costume in a couple years! :)

we have a very busy weekend ahead of us. hopefully bean will survive... she hasn't napped in 3 days and there is no possible way she can get one tomorrow. akk!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

that is SO cute!
I wish you had told me about that! Adam is obsessed with firemen right now!!

Pumpkin places: Circle S Farms (Grove City), Lynds has some, Freeman's Farm (Lewis center) ummm.... I think that's all... There is one in Marysville (where we go) but I am not sure of the name.

Arizaphale said...

Cute fireman too!!! :-)

Be prepared for the 'non participation' thing. Baby Angel was always flooring me with her refusal to do things which I KNEW she would enjoy when she got involved. The classic was the ballet concert at 3. Point blank said NO. I had already made the costume and everything!. "I don't like all those eyes looking at me" she said. (not MY daughter)...fortunately this happened before the actual performance so I was able to warn the teacher :-)

Christina said...

so brave of her to overcome her fireman fears!
Ack, after all that craziness trying to find the costume, and now she doesn't even want it. LOL. That's a toddler for you! I bet she'll want it once she sees the other kids all dressed up. And you can remind ehr that Nadia's waiting to see Bean all dressed up! ;o)

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.