Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Before and After


tracey, over at picture this, is talking about before and afters- you know, when you take a picture that is borderline crappy and turn it into something good.
i edit a lot. mostly because my point and shoot digital camera is old. many times the color or lighting in the picture i take is just plain bad and i have to make some minor adjustments. sometime the whole picture just needs help though! like the image to the left here. bean is trying to kiss her little friend bubba. the subject matter is cute, but the image is cluttered and the lighting isn't great. BUT....


this is what i did with it. i'm pretty pleased with it. now it is adorable.

i've done some experimenting with other pictures but sadly i haven't always saved the original. then one day i realized the fixed up picture was even more satisfying when i could remember how bad it was! HA!

i guess another reason i like to edit my photos is because i studied art in college- i painted and sketched and all that. now that i'm a mom i don't have much time to paint but i do have time to make a few mouse clicks. it is art without the mess. ha ha! enjoy!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Very cute indeed! Just precious, and great job improving it. I used to never save the orignals either, but now I generally do unless I'm just making real minor changes. In fact, I often have 4 or 5 versions of the same picture that I just can't decide which I like best!

Anonymous said...

Ok, thanks woman... lol I know I am really emotional right now, but that made me cry. lol OUR BABIES! How sweet, their first kiss. haha.