so, sprout chewed a hole in his binki. his last binki. the binki that he LOVES.... i think you can guess where this is going, right?
my husband looks slightly panicked. i worry about sprout keeping his sister awake on a school night. BUT i can't very well give it back to him. AND i swore i would never buy another one of those things. so there we were. sprout was going to give up his bedtime binki- cold turkey style.
he fussed for about 5-10 minutes. not screaming and crying- just mild fussing that i normally let him work himself through. then i hear him playing with his glow worm. and then.... nothing. that is right- NOTHING. he fell asleep without it and DIDN'T EVEN CARE!!
so once again this parent has made a big riotous deal about NOTHING. (i totally should have taken the damn thing away from him months ago.... sheesh!)
***edited to add***
naptime is NOT going as well. he is one angry little man right now. he keeps pointing to his mouth when i go in and check on him. sorry little dude, i know you can sleep without it. now do it!! gah!
5 comments:
I totally read the first sentence as "So, Sprout chewed a hole in his bikini. His last bikini." I was wondering why Sprout had a bikini in the first place!
I was all ready to say YAY for Sprout and another milestone easily overcome...and then I got to the p.s. Oh well. Hopefully naptime hasn't proved TOO hard!
reminds me of how happy I am that Harrison spit out the binky early on. He found no use for it - not that he had a "self-soothing" item for quite a while...
I read bikini too!!!
I hope naptime was a success. We went through a pacifier war here and it was AWFUL! Maybe Sprout will continue surprising you and it will be no big deal. Here's hoping anyway. :)
I thought you were getting off a bit lightly there. Oh well, they say it takes three nights/naps to break a habit.....
Post a Comment