so, way back when, we got sprout a swimming pool for his birthday. today we finally sat down and inflated it. (good thing daddy is full of hot air! he he!) bean was super excited about it! swimming! woo hoo! sprout, well, i'm not sure what he thought...
he kinda lost his little mind when his toes hit the cold water. he ran to his mommy crying!
so daddy grabbed the cooler (it was the biggest thing he could find) and filled it with hot water and added it to the pool. things seemed much better then...
he splashed and played with his sister for quite a while. they were having a great time! he did make it clear that he wasn't at all interested in trying the slide out. so bean slid down head first over and over, always managing to stop right next to him.
so what started out as a catastrophe ended up a splashing success! ;)
happy really late birthday buddy! mommy is so glad that you like your present!! :)
5 comments:
oh my...i used to tease j. last year when he would run bucketfuls of hot water out to the pool so the girls could swim...so funny the things those Daddys will do!
and, i know i shouldn't - but i was cracking up over the distressed sprout photo...hee.
Good thinking Daddy-O! A cooler full of hot water. Oh, the irony! :) Looks like it was well worth it though. What happy little faces!
I'm glad your boy ended up loving the (warm!) water, but I just can't stop giggling at Sprouty wailing and clinging to you! I know, I'm mean!
I'm just sitting here catching up on Bean and Sprout! : ) They are just adorable... Don't worry too much about the biting, it's usually a short phase. My little guy did it too.
Glad Sprout enjoyed his pool! : )
I can't believe how big Sprout is already -- what a little man he is turning into! I love that Sprout's Daddy was willing to add some hot water to the pool to make it better for his little guy...that is so sweet!
Post a Comment