Monday, June 08, 2009

Gone Fishin'

on friday we went to my sister's house to visit the cousins. my brother decided to stop by because he didn't have to work that day (dang economy!). he decided that it would be a great day to take the girls fishing!! now the cousins had been before but bean had not and she was quite excited about the whole thing. they gathered up poles, tackle box, and dug up some worms. then off to the pond they went.
(bean took her job of carrying the cup of worms very seriously. she walked slowly and surely to make sure she didn't spill them. ha ha!)

it was a beautiful sunny day. they walked around the pond until they found a nice spot with some shade near by. uncle put a worm on the hook, cast the line, then handed the rod over to bean. he explained how to know that there was a fish on the line and showed her how the reel worked.
soon she was on her own... waiting... waiting... and waiting some more.
sadly no one caught a fish that day. uncle had several nibbles but he was unable to make the catch. the girls got hot and bored, so we headed home.

bean must have really enjoyed herself though because when she got home she asked if she could get her own fishing pole for her birthday. looks like uncle is going to be busy this summer!! :)

6 comments:

Christina said...

Nadia has never gone fishing - and I don't know when she will, since we don't really know any fishing enthusiasts. I don't know if she'd have the patience for it anyway. Gorgeous pictures, Carey - especially those first two!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christina, I'll take N one day....I'm a fishing enthusiast! Er....that is because I have heard conflicting stories about whether it hurts the fish or not (to be caught). As for keeping the fish...I just let 'em go.

Anyhoo....I'm glad Bean got a chance to fish...and I agree with Christina...the pics are gorgeous....

Brittany said...

Aw! Adam LOVES fishing!! :) If I actually knew how to do it, I would suggest we take the kids, sometime. However... I have no idea!

Unknown said...

what a fantastic day - good work, uncle! and the pics are just so fun...what a fun scrapbook page they'd make.

the girls asked to go fishing the other day...er...hmmm. have to figure that one out. :-)

Kimberly said...

Bean's first fishing trip! Yay! (I love, love to fish.) Too bad she didn't catch a fish her first time out, but good for her for not wanting to give up on it. :)

Fabulous photos too!

Arizaphale said...

Looks lovely. I don't get fishing really. All that waiting around :-) When were on holiday with my sister and her kids in January on Kangaroo Island, the whole lot of them went fishing with our host 'Wallaby Bob'. They loved it. All that equipment to fiddle with :-)