yesterday's low as very low. it got down to -9 degrees but it felt like -28 when you factored in the wind chill. this morning it isn't any warmer. it is actually colder some how. when i woke up it was -13 degrees. BURRRRR!
we have very bad windows in our house. they are original to our 1960's house- single pane aluminum frame. ughh! and most no longer have their storm windows either. thus our house is chilly. you can feel drafts of cold air if you stand in certain places. also, most of our windows have a sheet of ice on the inside of them. there are even icicles on the handles one uses to open these windows.
needless to say we are NOT going outside today. it is a huddle indoors and be thankful for central heating systems kinda day. and a day you pray all those less fortunate than us found a shelter to sleep in.
6 comments:
Brrr! That is COLD! It's freezing here too...but not that cold! Stay warm!
I really can't even IMAGINE that kind of cold! It's in the 20s here today, and after several years of living in TX that's dang COLD to me. I'm shivering under a blanket now. Stay warm!!!!
Ooh, that sounds uncomfortably cold. Glass on the INSIDE of the windows? Yeah, not good! I hope you all are managing to stay toasty warm.
i hope you guys had a jammie and hot cocoa kind of day! i won't tell you what it was like here today ;-)
Let's hope those homeless people found a place to go!!!!!!!!!! Cold weather is the pits.
Ohhhhh! I just ADORE..LOVE...WANT the cold!!! I am so so jealous!!! I really HATE...DESPISE...CAN'T STAND the winters here in Texas...it's not really winter...it is more like "not so summer"...
Stay warm... and get our and enjoy the white stuff for me too!
Post a Comment