before you ask, no it is not a private school. we could never afford that. it is one of the public elementary schools in our city. here you can put your kid into a lottery to get into a school other than your neighborhood school. we got lucky and got into this one. :)
she went to her assessment today. she READ two books while she was there... i didn't know she could do that. i know that she used the pictures to figure out some of the words but i don't care, she needed help with ONE word in two books (the word "write" because the w is silent). i was impressed! after that was over she didn't want to leave. she tells her teacher, "i LOVE school!" the teacher said that made her very happy and she couldn't wait to see her on monday for the start of school.
what do i think of all this. besides the fact that it is hard to believe that she is ready for kindergarten- she was just born yesterday for goodness sake- i'm ready for her to go. i don't feel sad. it doesn't bring tears to my eyes. i'm actually VERY excited for her. i think it is going to be a fantastic experience and can wait to see what she can do!
3 comments:
I want to go to that school, too!! Wow, it sounds very progressive and ultra-cool. She is going to do great. I cannot get over how OLD she looks, I think it has to be the long hair? Or because I haven't seen a pic in awhile? I don't know.
Anyhow - here is to a fantastic year as a kindergartner!
She is SO awesome!!! This school sounds like the best thing. I want to teach there!!! And it sounds like it will be great for Bean. That girl is a learning machine. She is going to thrive.
Dang, can I be a kindergartener and go to school there too?? Tha sounds so awesome! I'd love to find a place like that for N. Good luck to both of you as you take this big step...but I know you'll both do great!
Post a Comment