rituals- we could have done any stage of bed time- especially last night when she said "i love you!" and i said "i love you too sweetie" and she said "i love you too sweetie mommy!" awwwwww. but i decided to go with a habit of bean's that i find amusing.we don't know why she does it. neither one of us does it. where did this come from???
bean has a "ritual" of removing her shoes then immediately removing her socks and placing them inside her shoes. she does it every single time she wears socks and shoes- and she always takes them off because, well, toddlers hate shoes and socks from what i can tell. (we had to make a deal with her- shoes have to be worn when we go out BUT when you are at home you don't have to wear them. it is working well so far.) so the other day when she was playing in the sandbox i snapped this picture of her little pink shoes with the socks peeking out. mostly so i wouldn't forget how she did this but also so i could share it with you all. :)
want to see more rituals? stop by picture this!
10 comments:
VERY awesome picture...Kids are so funny.
And you already know Adam's ritual with his shoes *take them off anywhere!*
Awww a the bedtime "I love yous!"
But I reall adore the way you've captured one of those litle quirks that makes Bean BEAN. I love it, and that's a great image of it, too.
That is a great picture! And a sweet ritual. So funny how little ones get into those routines!
Cute picture. Isn't it neat how our little ones make their own little rituals so early on? :)
Yup, Livie does that too! That is such a cute capture and a nice reminder for when you look back.
that's adorable. i love all their little habits.
I know what you mean. My kids and I exchange "I love you's" for about 5 minutes, sometimes 15.
Mike
http://www.mikeleonen.com/
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/
I am in love with the shot and the story. Hold those memories close.
P.S. I have to mount a major exploration to find where my boys leave their socks and shoes.
LOL I love kids and there crazy rituals
How wonderful, a naturally neat child!!!!
Post a Comment